I'm so happy to be sharing this fun dresser that was inspired by a couple pieces I found on Pinterest. Best part is I'm joining a group of SUPER talented blog friends who are all doing the same thing, sharing a themed furniture makeover. This month theme is inspired by, so the project is either inspired by something on Pinterest, a magazine or another blogger.
A quick snippet about this dresser. I bought this cute solid pine 4 drawer dresser about 2 years ago on a Facebook sale page. I was told by the person I purchased it from that it's 100 years old. It had seen better days and needed some work to give it a new lease on life.
Here it is before:
This is how it looked when I bought it...all beat up and needing some TLC.
My inspiration came from a couple of different sources. First, this gorgeous piece from Thistlewood Farms was part of my inspiration. I loved how KariAnne used metal house numbers on the front of this night stand. I knew I wanted to use numbers as well. Also, I love her navy blue stripes. My plan was to use navy blue on my dresser.
My biggest inspiration came from a piece I did a few years ago. It's still my favorite transformation ever. I love the stained top and the deep navy blue with the cut crystal knobs. This is one piece I totally regret selling! I thought this dresser would be perfect painted navy blue with some fun numbers on the front.
For this piece, I used General Finishes Milk Paint in Coastal Blue. The color is a beautiful deep navy and it goes on like butter. It's now one of my favorite paints. For the top of this old pine dresser I decided to strip and sand it down to the bare wood. Once I had that done, I stained the top in a dark walnut stain. For the top, I sealed the stain with General Finishes matte finish. I'm not a huge fan of any type of sealer, but this stuff changed my mind. I love it!! It went on so nicely and didn't streak or bubble at all.
To finish off the piece, I added unfinished wood numbers from Hobby Lobby. I stained them in the same dark walnut stain and sealed them with General Finishes matte finish sealer. I attached the numbers to the front of the dresser with a construction adhesive, added new drawer hardware and I was done!
Here's the finished inspired by piece.
I had intended to sell this piece, but Hunter decided he wanted to keep it instead. I told him he could keep it, but he had to part with another dresser in his play room. So, now I have another dresser to sell instead! It always makes me happy when he falls in love with furniture I makeover!
I'm excited to see what everyone else has been inspired by too!! This is a group of very talented and creative bloggers so I'm sure their projects will be fabulous!
Thank you for reading!!!
Make sure you check out all the beautiful makeovers below!!Here's the Blogger code: